We are forming teams that will be training alongside each other in preparation for the British Nationals 2019. The coaching will be from multiple times British National Champions, Julia Swallow, John McIver and Steve Hamilton.
Once the teams have been selected we will then discuss a training programme which will consist of a 7 day training camp at Skydive Algarve, Portugal, 4 days at Skydive Hibaldstow (dates to be agreed) and 4 hours tunnel time from April – August 2019. If teams want to do more, then even better!
Your team will be expected to attend one of the following 2 training camp dates in 2019. You can attend both if you like as well – the more you do, the better you get.
|Skydive Algarve||21st & 22nd December 2018||4-Way skills camp / Try outs|
|Twinwoods Bedford||19th & 20th January 2019||Tunnel camp – Try outs|
|Skydive Algarve||27th April – 3rd May 2019 (inclusive)||Main Camp #1|
|Skydive Algarve||11th – 17th May 2019 (inclusive)||Main Camp #2|
If you can’t make these dates, but still want to register, please contact us.
We want everyone to progress, learn the most up to date techniques, meet new people and enjoy the experience of being in a team, having fun and feel challenged.
We are aiming to build a number of teams and will be training together, which will help us to achieve better pricing for the training camps. Please budget for 60 – 80 jumps, 4 hours tunnel time plus coaching. Further information will be available soon as we are still negotiating prices with the dropzone and wind tunnel.
We believe that tunnel training is a great tool over the winter months and springtime to work on basic flying and working out fall rates. Each team will do a minimum of 4 hours in the tunnel. If the budget allows, you can, of course, do more than this and we encourage it!
Benefits of Wind Tunnel
- It’s a great way to keep freefall current during the winter season
- The learning which comes from doing 30 minutes of high-intensity training is greater than just a few skydives over a weekend
- Wind tunnels really show your mistakes and help you to become a more rounded and accurate flyer
- It’s a great way to learn new techniques especially when stepping up a category
Credit: Vania Da Rui
- DZ Try Outs for Skydive Algarve: £50.00 per person plus jump ticket for you and a quarter of a camera slot
- Tunnel Try Outs:
- Rookies – the cost of the tunnel will be £165.00 3on1 for 30 minutes.
- A, AA & AAA – the tunnel cost will be £120.00 per person for 30 minutes.
- This needs to be paid when registering to account number is 12666768, sort code 30-90-21. If you would like to fly more than 30 minutes that is fine, let us know how much time, the price will be pro rata. Please let us know which date you would like to fly. We have limited tunnel time so please register as soon as you can.
Whilst the dates for the Nationals in 2019 have not yet been released, this normal comprises of a four-day event a the end of August. In 2018, the competition started on a Friday morning and finished late on the Monday evening. Please make yourself available from 6pm on the Thursday evening before the comp starts to do paperwork, and be available all the way until the end of the day on Monday.
The amount of time and money you are able to commit will be agreed upon with your team and once set, you will be expected to do your best to follow the plan. At the beginning of the season, a series of weekends (plus one or more of the camps above) will be set in the diary. For UK weekend training, this will usually be held at Skydive Hibaldstow and one of our Satori coaches will be available.